Contains affiliate links so you can quickly find anything you need to make this recipe and I can continue to provide free recipes on this site.
Nothing says summer like an outdoor barbecue with friends or family. This year those barbecues are smaller, but the joy of being with those we love is perhaps a a little larger and full of more gratitude.
I recently shared my favorite oven baked ribs recipe with homemade barbecue sauce. A few hours in the oven and few caramelizing few minutes on the grill will make this recipe a new family favorite.
I wanted to share a few side dishes this week that will make your barbecue complete.
My grandmother used to make these baked beans for all of our family gatherings. They were inexpensive, fed a lot of people, a crowd pleaser and easy to make. I loved them and would always go back for seconds.
Over the years I have tasted many different types of baked beans as they always show up at summer barbecues. I’ve never like anyone’s recipe more than my grandmother’s. I did however add one extra ingredient, ground beef. It adds such a nice flavor and texture to the beans.
I hope you love them as much as my family has over the years.
WHAT YOU NEED
3 (28 oz cans) pork and beans
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup catsup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
4 slices bacon
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter to coat the casserole dish
large casserole dish
large bowl for mixing
Bacon and Beef Baked Beans
The perfect side dish for your summer barbecue!
- 3 (28 oz cans) pork and beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add olive oil, onion and beef to a skillet and brown beef over medium heat.
- While beef is cooking, butter a casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, browned beef mixture, catsup, brown sugar, dry mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour into buttered casserole dish.
- Place slices of bacon on top.
- Cover with foil and cook for two hours covered.
- Remove foil, turn oven up to 350 degrees and cook for one more hour.
- Let cool a bit and serve.
What do you Think?