The perfect side dish for your summer barbecue!
- 3 (28 oz cans) pork and beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add olive oil, onion and beef to a skillet and brown beef over medium heat.
- While beef is cooking, butter a casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, browned beef mixture, catsup, brown sugar, dry mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour into buttered casserole dish.
- Place slices of bacon on top.
- Cover with foil and cook for two hours covered.
- Remove foil, turn oven up to 350 degrees and cook for one more hour.
- Let cool a bit and serve.