This tested and perfected fresh green beans recipe blanched then sauteed in olive oil and butter and topped off with a touch of garlic and toasted almonds is the perfect side dish all year round.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Bring salt water to a boil.
- Drop in green beans and set a timer for 4 minutes.
- While green beans are boiling, get together a bowl 2 cups water and 1 cup of ice.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove beans and put in ice water.
- Set a timer for 4 minutes.
- Drain beans in a strainer.
- Use a towel to completely dry green beans.
- In a skillet, over medium heat add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
- When butter has melted, add beans and cook until lightly browning (4 – 6 minutes).
- Add salt, pepper and garlic and cook for 1 minute, tossing continuously.
- Add almonds and toss for an additional 1 – 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and using tongs place green beans on a plate for serving. Sprinkle remaining almonds from pan over the top and serve.