These marinated chicken sandwiches grilled to perfection are so flavorful and juicy, you will choose them over burgers!
- 4 – 6 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning (you can purchase store bought instead if you are in a hurry)
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, bacon (optional sandwich toppings)
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard and Italian Seasoning in a bag or air-tight container and mix. Set aside.
- Pound chicken until about 1/2″ thick.
- Add chicken to marinade and refrigerate at least 4 hours. (Overnight is the best when time permits.)
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Lightly spray grill grates with oil.
- Place chicken on the grill. Cook the first side 4 – 5 minutes, then turn the chicken over.
- Continue cooking until a thermometer registers 160°.
- Remove and let sit 5 – 10 minutes uncovered. (You can place a piece of foil over the top, but make sure it can breath so it doesn’t overcook.)
- Serve on buns with toppings and condiments of choice.
Keywords: grille chicken sandwich