The combination of sweet and salty in this rub is perfection. The honey and brown sugar give a slightly caramelized texture with a hint of sweetness and the dijon and soy add tangy salt to the mix.
- 2 ribeyes
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Good whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Using a brush or spatula coat each side of the ribeyes evenly.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and let sit on the counter for 30 minutes to bring the temperature down.
- Meanwhile prep the grill with oil and turn on or start charcoal.
- Sear each side of the ribeye on medium high for two minutes.
- Lower the temperature or move the steaks to a side of the grill with less heat. Cook steaks until temperature reaches desired doneness (see below for temperatures) turning two to three more times.
- Remove steaks and let sit for five minutes on the counter before serving.