This make ahead breakfast casserole is the perfect way to get a hearty breakfast in your kids on busy morning!
- 9 eggs
- 1 pound sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups whole milk
- 9 slices white bread
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat until brown throughout. Crumble into small pieces with spatula.
- Tear bread into 1 – 2 inch pieces.
- In separate bowl whisk eggs, milk and dry mustard.
- Add cheese and cooked sausage to bread and stir to combine.
- Mix together bread mixture with egg mixture.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 45 minutes until eggs are cooked through and top is lightly brown.