This delicious Quiche Lorraine recipe filled with gruyere and cheddar cheese, bacon, fluffy egg custard and sauteed shallots is the perfect centerpiece for your next brunch. Or just Sunday morning.
- Frozen pie crust
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1–½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, freshly shredded
Pie Crust Prep
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Place a piece of parchment paper over the pie crust and fill with pie weights.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes with parchment paper and pie weights.
- Remove pie weights and parchment and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Cook bacon until browned. Reserve one tablespoon of grease.
- Pat all grease off bacon with paper towel and chop.
- Sauté shallots in bacon grease until softened.
- Add thyme leaves and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put shallot mixture in bottom of pie crust.
- Add cheese and bacon.
- Whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a bowl with a pouring lip.
- Place pie crust on a cookie sheet in the oven. Carefully pour egg mixture into pie crust.
- Bake 40 – 50 minutes at 375° until top of the quiche is lightly browned and a knife inserted about 1 inch from the edge of the crust comes out clean.
Keywords: quiche lorraine