The roasted garlic mashed potatoes are the perfect Thanksgiving side dish.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, rinsed and quartered
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut off the top 1/4 of garlic head. Wrap in foil. Drizzle one tablespoon olive oil over top and close up aluminum foil. Bake 45 minutes at 375° or until cloves are soft. Allow to cool.
- Boil potatoes and a pinch of salt until softened. Drain.
- Place potatoes in large bowl.
- Squeeze out desired amount of roasted garlic clove into potatoes. (I use the whole head of garlic.)
- Add warmed heavy whipping cream, sour cream and butter to the bowl.
- Mix on medium-low to desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.