This slow cooker chili has turkey and sausage combined with fresh veggies, roasted tomatoes, chiles and beans. It’s delicious, healthy and the perfect fall meal for the whole family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes (no salt/seasonings added)
- 2 15 oz. cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 15 oz. can dark kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 4 oz. can mild fire-roasted diced green chiles
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat a large skillet and one tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and sausage and cook until browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove turkey and sausage and add to the slow cooker.
- Add onions and red peppers and cook until softened. About 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
Keywords: chili, turkey chili,