This zesty homemade Caesar salad dressing is drool-worthy.
I have a love of Caesar salad. Not some crappy-store-bought-dressing Caesar salad. The kind that tastes fresh, full of anchovies and DOES NOT have raw eggs in it. I don’t do raw eggs. I blame Rocky. The scene where he drank all of the raw eggs ruined me. Forever. #gagworthy Seriously, gagging right now.
This recipe is super easy. You simply take all the ingredients, put them in your food processor and hit the button.
Quick Ingredients List
- Dijon mustard
- olive oil
- lemon juice
See tips below recipe for the perfect Caesar salad!Print
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Country Dijon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 anchovies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
Keywords: salad, caesar, dressing
Tips for a great Caesar salad!
- Do NOT leave out the anchovies. There is no substitution for the flavor they add.
- Do not skimp on the parmesan cheese. Get a block and shred it yourself.
- Get bakery made fresh croutons or make your own.
- Don’t be afraid to add tomatoes, avocado and green onion or anything else that brings your taste buds joy.
- The pre-washed bags of romaine lettuce are tempting, but fresh romaine is light years better.
- Add a protein like shrimp, chicken or hard boiled eggs and it’s a meal!
Want to see how I did it? Watch the video on IG!
View this post on Instagram