We eat a lot of chicken in this house so I am always looking for ways to change it up. My Yogurt Parmesan Chicken is one that is requested often by my boys. All three of them. Which is saying something!
The creamy topping bakes up nice and brown on top and the chicken is moist and tender. I serve it with roasted potatoes and a salad. A salad makes every meal a healthy meal. Baked Yogurt Parmesan Chicken is the perfect easy family dinner recipe. You will want to add it to your go-to recipe list and your family will thank you!
TIP: If you do not have a meat thermometer, I highly recommend you get one. It’s a game-changer when cooking meat. ESPECIALLY chicken! When you cut into meats it dries them out, chicken is the worst offender. The key to keeping meats moist and juicy is cooking them to the right temperature via a meat thermometer and letting them sit for a period of time before cutting into them.Print
Yogurt Parmesan Chicken
Your whole family will beg you to make this moist, tender and flavorful chicken! Serve it with potatoes or over lightly oiled pasta and a side salad.
6 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of one lime
Parmesan Cream Topping
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Put chicken breasts and and marinade in a large ziploc bag and marinate for 2 – 12 hours.
- In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, parmesan, garlic powder, basil, and oregano, salt and pepper and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Coat the top of each breast with the yogurt parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes. Make sure chicken registers 165 degrees on your meat thermometer.
- Let stand for 2 – 3 minutes before serving.
What do you Think?