- 3/4 cup browned butter, returned to room temperature
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (see tip below)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 25 Rolos
- 12 ounce bag milk chocolate chips
- Place butter in a light colored pan. Heat over medium heat and stir constantly. When the butter has turned a light shade of brown, remove from heat and set aside to allow to return to room temperature. (About one hour.)
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and set aside with butter to bring to room temperature.
- In large bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl add brown brown sugar, granulated sugar and brown butter. Beat on low for one minute.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the sugar mixture and beat until completely combined. Slowly add the dry mixture and beat until flour is completely mixed into sugar mixture.
- Cut each Rolos piece into fourths.
- Add Rolos and chocolate chips and stir until evenly dispersed.
- Place cookie dough onto parchment paper, roll into a log and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Measure 2 heaping tablespoons batter onto parchment lined cookie sheets for each cookie.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. The middle of the cookies will still look a bit dough-y.
- Browned butter and eggs must be brought to room temperature. This takes at least an hour.
- Batter has to chill overnight.
- Don’t pack the flour by using the measuring cup to get it out of the bag. You want to use a spoon or smaller measuring cup to scoop the flour out of the bag and drop it into the one cup measuring cup. Otherwise you end up with too much flour and less delicious cookies.