Making a homemade barbecue sauce is so simple. You combine several ingredients in a pan and simmer. That’s it.
It tastes so much better than store-bought sauce and is way better for you. Plus … the bragging rights!
WHAT YOU NEED
apple cider vinegar
This simple homemade barbecue sauce will have your guests asking for the recipe!
- 4 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1–1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1–1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- t teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook for 20 – 30 minutes over low heat making sure it never starts to boil.
- Serve immediately or bring to room temperature and then store in the refrigerator.