This delicious Quiche Lorraine recipe filled with gruyere and cheddar cheese, bacon, fluffy egg custard and sautéed shallots is the perfect centerpiece for your next brunch. Or just Sunday morning.
Quiche and brunch, brunch and quiche go together like … champagne and fresh squeezed orange juice.
My Mimi and I used to make two breakfast dishes together. This Quiche Lorraine recipe and her delicious
I loved them both and requested them often so I could eat them, of course, but also because it meant I got precious one on one time with her. My most cherished childhood memories are those spent with Mimi in the kitchen cooking, talking and laughing together.
Quiche Lorraine Brunch Pairings
Pair your Quiche Lorraine with a Harvest Salad with Arugula, Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower, Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad with Gruyere, Grilled Asparagus and Cast Iron Oven Roasted Potatoes for a perfect brunch.
Quiche Lorraine Ingredients & Printable Shopping List
Below are the ingredients you need to make this Quiche Lorraine Recipe. Create your own shopping list or print this QUICHE LORRAINE SHOPPING LIST.
- Pie Crust
- 6 slices bacon
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- Fresh thyme
- Ground nutmeg
- Kosher Salt
Save this recipe for your next brunch or Sunday morning mimosas.
Notes & Tips for Making Quiche Lorraine
- Invest in pie weights and pre bake your crust
- Pierce the pie crust with fork tines. This keeps it from puffing up.
- If you serve your quiche at room temp, be sure to take it out of the fridge at least an hour before serving.
- Quiche can be frozen for up to 3 months when wrapped in plastic wrap and covered in foil.
- If the crust is browning too quickly you can cover the edges with aluminum foil.
- If you don’t have pie weights you can use a fork and puncture the pie crust 8 – 10 times before baking.
This delicious Quiche Lorraine recipe filled with gruyere and cheddar cheese, bacon, fluffy egg custard and sauteed shallots is the perfect centerpiece for your next brunch. Or just Sunday morning.
- Frozen pie crust
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1–½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, freshly shredded
Pie Crust Prep
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Place a piece of parchment paper over the pie crust and fill with pie weights.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes with parchment paper and pie weights.
- Remove pie weights and parchment and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Cook bacon until browned. Reserve one tablespoon of grease.
- Pat all grease off bacon with paper towel and chop.
- Sauté shallots in bacon grease until softened.
- Add thyme leaves and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put shallot mixture in bottom of pie crust.
- Add cheese and bacon.
- Whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a bowl with a pouring lip.
- Place pie crust on a cookie sheet in the oven. Carefully pour egg mixture into pie crust.
- Bake 40 – 50 minutes at 375° until top of the quiche is lightly browned and a knife inserted about 1 inch from the edge of the crust comes out clean.