This oven-roasted broccoli is the perfect side dish for any meal. Roasted with lemon, salt, and pepper and topped with parmesan cheese it’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
Oven-roasted broccoli is so easy to make. I get asked all the time, how do you roast broccoli in the oven? The recipe is your answer! If you are like me, you grew up eating soggy boiled or steamed broccoli. BLEK! It’s no wonder broccoli has a bad rap.
Oven roasting broccoli is where it’s at! The florets come out lightly crispy and are so delicious, I not only serve them as a side dish, I serve them as an appetizer. A light finger food style appetizer that won’t fill up your guests before the main course.
Looking for a simple healthy weeknight meal to serve with broccoli? My healthy no-fail oven-baked salmon recipe, steamed rice and this oven roasted broccoli is a minimal ingredient, simple and quick weeknight meal.
I also love serving oven-roasted broccoli with Yogurt Parmesan Chicken. The broccoli florets taste incredible dipped in the yogurt parmesan sauce.
Want even more side dishes?
Oven Roasted Broccoli Shopping List (click to print)
Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe Tips
- How do you make broccoli crispy instead of soggy? Dry your broccoli after washing it. Put it on a towel to soak up all the remaining water while you prep the recipe. (Or longer if you have time. The drier the broccoli, the crispier it will be.)
- Try and cut the florets to a similar size. Otherwise, they will all cook and brown differently. The smaller ones will burn and the larger ones won’t be tender.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. It causes the broccoli to steam instead of roast and you will get soggy broccoli.
- Got chickens? They love the broccoli stalks. Instead of throwing them away, give those treats to your girls!
Save this Roasted Broccoli Recipe for Later!
Roasted Broccoli Dietary Considerations
- Nut Free
This oven-roasted broccoli is the perfect side dish for any meal. Roasted with lemon, salt, and pepper and topped with parmesan cheese it’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters. The florets come out lightly crispy and are delicious!
- 2 pounds broccoli
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut broccoli from core and stem into mostly equal florets.
- In a large bowl add broccoli, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. and stir to combine evenly.
- Spread out evenly on a lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Using a spatula turn broccoli. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake another 5 minutes or until evenly browning.
- Plate and enjoy.
Keywords: roasted broccoli, broccoli recipe, healty side dishes, side dishes, vegetarian