Baked salmon with herbs, honey, lemon, Dijon mustard and honey is one of the easiest meals I make and always wows my family and guests. It tastes like you ordered it at your favorite fine restaurant and it’s so easy to make, it’s impossible to get this recipe wrong.
My favorite type of weeknight meal is one that is easy and healthy. This delicious baked salmon recipe marinated in herbs, Dijon mustard, honey and lemon is exactly that. You can make the marinade in five minutes the night before.
Pour it over the top of the salmon in the morning and leave it in the refrigerator all day. It roasts in the oven for only 20 minutes and dinner is ready! That’s what I call an easy weeknight recipe!
Easy Weeknight Recipes You Will Love
If you love this recipe and are looking for other simple weeknight recipes you will love this Crispy Slow Cooker Carnitas recipe that you can make the night before and throw in a slow cooker in the morning.
Another one of my favorite easy weeknight meals is Yogurt Parmesan Chicken. You can marinate overnight then bake the next evening. I am all about making my life easier at the end of a long day!
Baked Salmon Recipe Shopping List
Notes & Tips
- Store in an air-tight container for two days in the refrigerator or up to three months in the freezer.
- Make the marinade the night before so you can easily prep the salmon in the morning.
- I’ts really important that you use salmon with the skin on.
- You can use several pieces of salmon as opposed to one large piece.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
My favorite type of weeknight meal is one that is easy and healthy. This delicious oven-roasted salmon marinated in herbs, Dijon mustard, honey and lemon is exactly that.
- 2 – 3 pounds salmon, skin on
- 1 tablespoon herbs d’provence
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, ½ of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a small bowl combine all marinade ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add salmon on top of parchment paper and coat evenly with marinade. Let sit in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook salmon for 15 – 20 minutes or until thermometer registers 125 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer you can cut into the center of the salmon to make sure it is cooked and flaky.
- Lightly cover with aluminum foil and let stand 5 minutes before serving.